In this Article, we are going to attend the current affairs for one week from 1st January to 5th January 2019, here the important one-liner Current Affairs of the week.
Current affairs 1-5 Jan 2019
1. Sudhir Bhargava Vikram Chief Information Commissioner of Central information commission.
2. B Radhakrishnan has become Chief Justice of Telangana state.
3. Vinod Kumar Yadav becomes chairman of Railway board by government of India
4. Pramod Kumar Singh has become secretary of Competition Commission of India
5. Justice A K Sikri has become executive chairman of NALSA(national legal service authority)
6. Hemant Bhargava has become interim chairman of LIC
7. Nithya Shiromani award 2019 – Anindita Neogy Anaam(Kathak Dancer)
8. Women’s Cricketer of the year award and Women’s ODI player of the year vice-captain Srimathi Mandhana.
Government Policies and Schemes
9. Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin scheme started in Odisha.
10. Rashtriya Yuva Sanshaktikam scheme continued 2017-18 to 2019-20
Index and Report
11. Trade and Progress of Banking 2017-18 report by RBI
12. Financial stability report by RBI.
13. ACI’s Ease of doing business ranking (i) Andhra Pradesh (ii) Maharashtra (iii) Delhi
14. Recovery amount from Bank till 24 March 2018 is 40400 and for the financial year 2017-18 38500: RBI report.
15. Core sector growth slowdown to 3.5% due to Slow Down in coal cement and electricity.
16. The government of India has decided 3% interest subsidy to the merchant exporters.
17. HDFC mutual funds surpass ICICI Mutual Fund and now become number one mutual fund in India.
18. SEBI allowed custodial services in commodity derivative market.
19. USA and Israel Quit UNESCO.
20. Qatar leaves OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries).
21. Justice Cholendra Shamsher Rana becomes Chief Justice of Nepal High Court.
22. Jair Bolsonaro becomes president of Brazil, he was a country’s Ex-military head.
23. Justice Asif Saeed Khosa becomes Chief Justice of Pakistan.
24. Allahabad Bank signed bancassurance with SBI Life Insurance
25. MoU has been signed for setting up a center of excellence in Oil, Gas, and Energy between IIT Bombay and Oil Companies and EIL.
26. Syndicate bank has signed bancassurance with SBI Life Insurance.
DRDO day – 1st January
World Braille day – 4th January (first time you will observe the Braille day)
106th Indian Science Congress held at LPU (Lovely Professional University) in Jalandhar, and Women’s Science Congress also held at this event.
Farooq Sheikh and Asha Parikar honored by Bimal Roy Memorial and Film Society.
Famous journalist Binu Randive has awarded lifetime achievement award by Mantrayalay and Vidhi Mandal Vartahar Sangh.
Organic alert in Andaman and Nicobar due to chronic strong named Pabuk