13 July The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams – DipuTony.in
1. ASTONISHING (ADJECTIVE): (आश्चर्यजनक): surprising
Synonyms: impressive, amazing
Example Sentence: All his achievements are nothing short of astonishing.
2. STARTLE (VERB): (डराना): surprise
Synonyms: frighten, scare
Antonyms: put at ease
Example Sentence: A sudden sound in the doorway startled her.
3. CONCERNED (ADJECTIVE): (चिंतित): worried
Synonyms: anxious, disturbed
Example Sentence: The school’s decision is being questioned by a group of concerned parents.
4. APPARENTLY (ADVERB): (जाहिरा तौर पर): seemingly
Synonyms: evidently, ostensibly
Example Sentence: The child nodded, apparently content with the promise.
5. DISMISS (VERB): (निर्वासित करना): banish
Synonyms: set aside, abandon
Example Sentence: It would be easy to dismiss him as all brawn and no brain.
6. SANCTION (NOUN): (दंड): penalty
Synonyms: punishment, deterrent
Example Sentence: A range of sanctions were aimed at deterring insider abuse.
7. DISQUIET (NOUN): (बेचैनी): unease
Synonyms: uneasiness, worry
Example Sentence: There is disquiet about animal testing among general public.
8.CONSIDERABLE(ADJECTIVE): (पर्याप्त): sizeable
Synonyms: substantial appreciable
Example Sentence: He is in a position of considerable influence.
9. BAR (VERB): (रोकना): prohibit
Synonyms: debar, preclude
Example Sentence: Journalists had been barred from covering the elections.
10.CONTROVERSIAL(ADJECTIVE): (विवादास्पद): contentious
Synonyms: disputed, contended
Example Sentence: The dispute continued to be controversial for years.