Welcome to The Hindu Vocab, Here we will discuss the one editorial articles and we have memorized moderate level of words, on this page we have provided you with some free services. Like-
- Free The Hindu PDF of 3rd March 2019
- Important words with synonyms and antonyms with Hindi meaning, and
- Ithe n video session, I have discussed the words which are written below, with the Tricks so you can easily memorize the words.
- You can also download the pdf of the words which is written below.
1. SNITCH (VERB): (प्रकट करना) reveal
Synonyms: divulge, evince
Antonyms: conceal, suppress
Today Akshima is going to snitch her secret.
2. NUMB (ADJECTIVE): (सुन्न) dazed
Synonyms: indifferent, frozen
Antonyms: lively, compassionate
The cold had numbed her senses.
3. ASTRAY (ADVERB): (गुमराह, भूला-भटका) afield
Synonyms: adrift, off target
Antonyms: stable, anchored
The gunman claimed that the shots had gone astray.
4. JESTED (VERB): (तानाशाही) banter
Synonyms: chaff, deride
Antonyms: commend, compliment
Don’t kick up the dust, you infantry!” jested hussar.
5. SEETHING (VERB): (नाराज़ होना) be very angry
Synonyms: boil, flare
Antonyms: be happy, freeze
He seethed at his brother’s blunder.
6. DAINTY (ADJECTIVE): (सूक्ष्म) delicately small and pretty
Synonyms: petite, cute
Antonyms: ugly, repulsive
The puppy’s dainty nose looked very cute, convincing everybody’s to love it.
7. ABLUTION (NOUN): (स्नान, मज्जन) the act of washing
Synonyms: cleansing, decontamination
Antonyms: contamination, pollution
Mina performed the ablution of the wound and applied some disinfectant to avoid further infection.
8. AMBLE (VERB): (टहलना) to walk casually
Synonyms: stroll, wander
Antonym: rush, dash
Rashmi rather ambled through the halls than attend the session.
9. COVET (VERB): (ललचाना) to greatly desire something you lack
Synonyms: crave, fancy to
Antonyms: abjure, hate
Vikram tends to covet quality time with his family.
10. BUNGLE (VERB): (गड़बड़ करना) botch
Synonyms: fudge, err
Antonyms: succeed, do well