14 July Current Affairs News Digest – DipuTony.in
Asia Cup cricket tournament postponed till June 2021
- The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) postponed the Asia Cup tournament to be held in June this year until June 2021, in view of the growing cases of Kovid-19 epidemic in the Asian region.
- BCCI President Sourav Ganguly had announced the cancellation of the Asia Cup T20 a day earlier.
Chicago Marathon canceled due to Coronavirus
- The Chicago Marathon has been canceled keeping in mind the health of runners, spectators and volunteers during the Corona virus epidemic.
- The Chicago Marathon is typically attended by 45,000 runners and is attended by about a million spectators.
- Earlier, the New York City Marathon on November 1 was also canceled.
Complete lockdown till 31 July in Bihar
- Nitish government has taken a big decision due to the rapid infection of corona virus in Bihar.
- Full lockdown has been imposed in entire Bihar from 16 July to 31 July.
- In this 15-day lockdown, only shops of some essential things will open, everything else will remain closed. Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has announced this.
- Transport services, shopping malls, religious places, except emergency services, will remain completely closed.
- At the same time, vegetable and fruit shops will open in the morning and evening.
690 million people worldwide hungry: UN report
- According to a report by the United Nations (UN), around 69 crore people are hungry worldwide and 6 crore people joined it in the last 5 years.
- As a report, due to Kovid-19, by the end of 2020, an additional 8.3-13.2 crore people are expected to be undernourished.
- The United Nations has said that the number of starvation victims will be increased by one crore people this year.
- Warned that the coronavirus pandemic could push about 130 million additional people to starvation this year.
India one of the world’s most open economies: PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing India Global Week 2020 said that during the discussion of economic revival, it is natural to connect global revival and India.
- He said that history shows that India has overcome every challenge, whether social or economic.
- Prime Minister Modi said that we are already getting signs of economic revival.
- India is one of the most open economies in the world, we are welcoming global investors.
- The Prime Minister said that he can do whatever he can for the good and prosperity of India and the world.
Income Tax Department introduced TDS rates for cash withdrawal facility
- Giving details of this facility, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said that now the bank or post office will have to fill the PAN of the person who is making cash withdrawal to find out the TDS rate.
- The statement said that so far more than 53,000 verification requests have been completed under this facility.
- In order to discourage cash transactions, the central government has made a provision of imposing TDS at the rate of two percent on cash withdrawals of more than one crore rupees from banks or post offices.
- If tax is deducted from income, if the person is given the remaining amount, then the amount deducted as tax is called TDS.
India becomes the second-largest source of FDI for Britain
- The United States has maintained itself as the first source of FDI for the UK by arranging 462 projects and 20,131 jobs.
- After this, India, Germany, France, China and Hong Kong are ranked.
- New Zealand and Australia have a total of 72 projects here and the cool projects in the Baltic and Nordic regions have increased to 134.
20,000 crore economic corridor to be built in Haryana, Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone
- Through video conferencing, Union Minister Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for 11 road projects including eight national highways.
- During this, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, Deputy CM Dushyant Chautala, Haryana MP were present.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari also laid the foundation stone of 46 km long Rewari-Pataudi Gurgaon National Highway 352 W with a cost of about 1500 crore rupees.
- With the construction of the six-lane Green Field National Highway, people of Rewari, Mahendragarh, Charkhi-Dadri, Bhiwani will be directly connected to Chandigarh.
Iran removed India from Chabahar rail project, know what is the reason
- Iran’s decision is being considered as a strategic and strategic blow for India.
- Significantly, there is going to be a 400 billion dollar Mahadeal between Iran and China.
- It is believed that due to this deal, Iran has excluded India from the Chabahar project.
- Iran has attributed the delay in funding of the project by India.
- Iran has alleged that even after four years of the agreement, India is not funding the project.
- In such a situation, now he himself will complete this project.
- After the agreement with China, Beijing will complete projects related to Iran’s infrastructure.
It was 14 July Current Affairs News Digest for daily update Follow us on Social Media : –